142 Betty Ann Drive
Toronto, Ontario M2N 1X4
An innovative Marketing Communications and Event Branding leader with a passion for producing immediate, sustainable and breakthrough impact for clients - driving bottom line results and ensuring stakeholder satisfaction with solutions designed to appeal to all senses in today’s age of technology.
A strategic thinker and tireless performer, has assembled a multi-dimensional array of successes in Creative ventures across North America - managing an entrepreneurial event enterprise as well as working collaboratively with front-running marketing, promotions and planning firms. This includes developing multi-media content, orchestrating campaigns, arranging events, facilitating meetings, selling product and providing quality service.
Known for imaginative programming that motivates audiences with the best of live and digital worlds, building positive brand images that reinforce desired marketing messages. Puts together exciting pitches and proposals that capture new business, solidify existing accounts and extend visibility. Very strong in nurturing cross-functional relationships and external liaisons that ensure a total team approach.
AREAS OF DEMONSTRATED EXPERTISE
Event Design / Branding / Planning Multimedia Materials Business Development / Corporate Communications / Media Launches / PR Events / Account Management / Marketing / Promotions Strategy / Incentive Programming / Project Leadership / Concept Development Website / Image Enhancement / On-Site Production / Graphic Design Multi-Level Marketing Vendor / Supplier Relations / Entertainment / Special FX Injections / Writing / Photography
Has built Event Marketing enterprise from scratch, attracting new clients and broadening product/service mix to address changing marketplace trends. Consistently met sales goals ($1.75M +)
Ideally suited for an ongoing leadership role in a growing marketing/communications organization seeking to take its business to the next level. In the interim, able to contribute immediate value on a contract project basis, with an injection of content/program expertise to jump start or expedite a creative initiative.
SAMPLE PROJECTS / EVENTS
• Cirque de Soleil meets the Ice Capades-style show for Japanese company's corporate retreat
• Jungle party in the El Yunque Puerto Rican rainforest for financial company’s incentive winners
• All multimedia content for pharmaceutical national sales meeting in Northern Ontario
• 3-city Tourism Toronto Promo Tour / Road Show (Chicago, New York, Washington)
• Silver Rave Awards Gala for the Canadian Marketing Association
• Paramount Canada's Wonderland Media Launch, TD Waterhouse merger press launch, Southeast Asia promotion for Hudson Bay Co., product media launches for Lancome and Poeme perfumes
• Golden Marble Awards Gala, celebrating advertising to children at Chelsea Piers in NYC
• Complete conference concept for a pharmaceutical product launch, utilizing entire city of Montreal
• Sun Tzu Gala presentation for the Marketing Awards at Roy Thomson Hall in Toronto, Awards Galas with Spanish and Cruise themes for a major telecommunications company
• Opera Ball (Madame Butterfly theme) for the Toronto Opera Company
• Austin Powers / Groovy 60 / Burt Bacharach incentive party at San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
• Fire & Ice Cirque theme at Las Vegas Bellagio Hotel for technology branding and sales conference
• Denim & Diamonds Client Appreciation event for financial firm, turning movie studio into roadhouse
BREAKTHROUGH MEETINGS & EVENTS INC. Since 1996
Event Communications consultancy
Plans, creates and produces all aspects of small to large scale corporate events, meetings and conferences. Directs sponsorship and branding initiatives for corporate clients across all industry sectors.
• Built up incentive, award gala and product launch markets
• Expanded business to manage blockbuster sales events and road shows throughout North America
• Lead marketing strategist in unique business ventures for key clients such as Bell Canada, Hudson’s Bay Company, Air Canada Vacations, Tourism Toronto and Canadian Marketing Association
Performed numerous special projects and freelance contract assignments, including:
EXTRAORDINARY EVENTS (LOS ANGELES)
CREATIVE DIRECTOR at one of the world’s largest, award-winning event production companies
HFC FINANCIAL (USA)
EVENT PRODUCER for a series of North America-wide incentive events for groups of more than 1000 top performing employees – handling everything from site selection to thematic production, entertainment, transportation, food & beverage design and collateral printed materials
THE MARK OF A LEADER / LEAGUE OF ROCK (TORONTO)
SALES MANAGER, selling unique team building music interventions and keynote speakers to an array of Fortune 500 corporations
SENSIX COMMUNICATIONS & EVENTS (TORONTO) INC. 1989 – 1996
Leading Event Production company
As co-founder, spearheaded company growth - establishing and maintaining its excellent reputation in the Toronto events and communications market. Developed strong revenue base and repeat clientele.
• Supervised client liaison and conducted full cycle of account management: from initial consultation, site inspections, creative planning sessions and client presentations through to strategy fulfillment, event execution, ROI analysis and final billing / supplier reconciliations.
• Managed all branding and promotional initiatives.
VARIOUS CREATIVE VENTURES Prior to 1989
ART DIRECTOR / COPYWRITER / SALES MANAGER
Represented various consumer and trade magazines (Southam Communications, Centre Publications) and newspapers (The Globe & Mail) - handling creative concepts, conducting ad sales and directing components of advertising and editorial design, incentives, web, direct mail and promotions.
Provided freelance Graphic Design for various publishing firms, advertising agencies and corporate clients. Worked as Disc Jockey, Party Planner and Nightclub Promoter.
Diploma in Graphic Design Dawson College, Montreal
Extended Design studies Parsons School of Design, New York City
VOLUNTEER / COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
Supervised teams of volunteers in the raising of over $56K for the Israel Cancer Research Fund, as Co-Chair of two highly successful / attended themed charity events
Active in creating campaign success for (among others) the Juvenile Diabetes, CANFAR, Ronald McDonald House, Easter Seals, Kids Help Phone and the Children's Wish Foundation,
Co-wrote several film screenplays and treatments for students attending the USC School of Cinematic Arts in Southern California