Royal Bank, Deloitte., Cisco, Honda, Acura, Eli Lilly, Amex, ATI Technologies, AMD, Virgin Mobile, Shopper Drug Marts, Microsoft, Motorola, MDS, Mattel, ROM, Toronto Hydro, Shell, BMO, PwC, Sun TV, Global Shaw, etc.
Last year David ended a very successful contract as Senior Multimedia Designer at PwC. Currently he is principal of Multimedia Haus, a post-production house in video, web and interactive with clients such as Toronto Hydro, Royal Ontario Museum, Honda, BMO, Shell, Amex Shoppers Drug Marts and others. With over 15 years experience at a number of major marketing communication agencies and corporations, Dave has consistently enabled clients to achieve their goal to tell their story and reach their target audience. And as a Graphic/Motion Designer, he has gained an expert knowledge of multiple aspects of design tools such as Premiere Pro, After Effects, Soundbooth, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Edge, Flash, as well as Cinema 4D, FCP X and Keynote. So from producing and editing videos; creating motion graphics and 2D/3D animation; designing digital signage and other rich media, such as HTML5/CSS3 video embedding to event support, with his experience and creative knowledge David has shown to be more than capable of filling many multimedia role you require.
Multimedia Haus - Senior Multimedia Designer January 2008 – Present
Started seven years ago, since then Multimedia Haus has worked with an impressive client list and on some interesting jobs.
LottoRace UK - (2015 Contract) • Recently designed and produced a heavily animated explanation video how to use and play LottoRace UK, an online gaming site consisting of several games of chance. Production software used included After Effects, Premiere Pro, Cinema 4D, Photoshop and Illustrator
VnewsOne - (2015 Contract) • Earlier this year designed and developed a HTML5/CSS3,website that was PC, tablet and smartphone compatible for VnewsOne; also produced After Effects animated company explanation mpg4 explainer video for HTML5 playback on their website homepage
PwC (PricewaterhouseCoopers) - Senior Multimedia Designer November 2010- December 2014
• Working with Project Managers, team leaders, liaising with clients and stakeholders to develop and design in-house video, HTML5/CSS3 pages for re-designed corporate website, digital signage, and various other digital and print collateral - ads, brochures etc.
• Leading the creative and technical direction of video, audio and interactive/web projects through the use of brainstorms, whiteboards, storyboards, and decks; shot-listing, video and b-roll shoots; audio recordings and website mock-ups
• Use of Premiere Pro, After Effects, Soundbooth, Edge, Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, InDesign, and Keynote to create videos, Podcasts, digital signage, data and info graphics, Flash/HTML5 banner ads as well as presentations and speaker support.
Shoppers Drug Mart’s Murale Store (Multimedia Haus contract) • Worked on the Shoppers new beauty store Murale interactive digital and video campaign producing online videos, in-store digital signage, Flash banners and designed and implemented Murale’s HTML5/CSS3 landing site
Toronto Hydro (Multimedia Haus contract) • First contracted to create a Flash/Cinema4D 3D presentation for their CEO on the development of the “Smart Grid,” then created social media website “Count Me In” challenging neighbourhoods to reduce power use to win an iPad
Royal Ontario Museum (Multimedia Haus) • Brought in to create the visuals using Photoshop, websites of two new exhibits at the ROM, one the Schad Gallery of Biodiversity the other Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit, I also over saw and created a slew of Flash banner ads with videos used in them as well as in-house video signage, as well as online and broadcast video editing and motion graphics
AMD/ATI – Creative Lead – Multimedia November 2004 - October 2006
• Originally I was Creative Lead - Multimedia at ATI for 2 years, on its marcom core team and re-branding team, until its takeover by AMD. Using Photoshop and Illustrator for the “look & feel” of its corporate identity through interactive and web, as well as social media, but primarily through online and broadcast video
• Through Multimedia Haus, I have been a Vendor of Record with AMD on new product launches such as the launch of their “Cinema 2.0” technology through web, video and ‘viral’ through social media such as YouTube - For example a video shot at ATI’s café kitchen and produced in a 'viral video' look as if done by an amateur had created it, then uploaded onto YouTube where it received over 280,000 views and made Ad Age Digital top 20 its first week
AON – Senior Graphic Designer January 2007 – December 2008
• Hired to upgrade and develop their in-house web and interactive capabilities and as well as enhancing their interactive and online video production as well as their in-house presentation capabilities, producing a fresher look for their entire marketing approach
• Producing AON's video element to celebrate its 20th anniversary; from story boarding, shot listing, shooting, editing, motion graphics and virtual 3D stage, then brought into a deliverable vehicle, through Flash and Premiere Pro to video or broadcast
Ogilvy's & Mathers- AVHb2b Studio – Senior Multimedia Designer February 2001- October 2004
• Senior Multimedia Designer at Ogilvy’s AVH studio. Worked extensively with Ogilvy Interactive on creative and art direction of product launches and product branding, utilizing traditional and new media in ways of interesting people in a product. For example the Motorola's ‘Hellomoto’ launch with the Flash created banner ad to creating airport lounge kiosks for American Express
• Responsible for one of the first Flash ‘email blast,’ asked to come up with something that was compelling and intriguing as a 'call to action' for the Eli Lilly Annual Sales Meeting and came up with a Flash jigsaw puzzle email that when solved directed the viewer to the ASM website
• Working with clients through the entire creative & technical process from RFP to pitch, then from inception to completion then delivery. Working to budget if out sourcing or purchasing new software or equipment needed to the meet client’s needs
Graduate Studies Seneca College - Web and Online design in HTML5/CSS3 Toronto, ON. September 2012 – December 2012
Master of Arts Glasgow School of Art – Visual Design Glasgow, UK. September 1988 – May 1989
Bachelor of Arts University of Toronto – Art & Anthropology Toronto, ON. September 1981 – May 1986
Recognition – Awards
ATI Ruby's Cube Game - "Best Booth Game in Show" E3 Expo, Los Angeles ATI Website 2007 - "LISA Award" Motorola 'Hello Moto' digital campaign - "Cannes Lion" Bell NetStone website - "Pinnacle Club Web Authors Choice Award," "Golden Web Award," "Five Star Award”. Radio Shack DVD - "ITVA Award in Training Category" Royal Bank Global Private Banking DVD -"ITVA Award in Financial Category" http://www.davidburrell.ca