Born in Cesena (Italy) in 1960, lives and works in Milan. Graduates at I.S.I.A. in Faenza (Higher Institute for Artis Industries) in 1986. In 1987 graduates with a Master in Industrial Design at the Domus Academy in Milan.
- product design for ceramic tiles (Marazzi, Ascot, Gabbianelli_Italy), hi-fi accessories (Ross electronics_G. Britain) , cell phones (Fujitsu_Japan), table and kitchenware ( Alessi, Lagostina, Santandrea, Guzzini, Cierre accessories_Italy, Fissler_Germany), home appliances (Ocean_Italy), carpets and moquettes (Warli_Italy, Louis De Poortere_Belgium), eyewear (Esprit_Usa), home and office furniture (FontanaArte, Kristalia_Italy, Steelcase Strafor_Usa/France), home and office lighting (FontanaArte, LumenCenter_Italia), bathroom furniture (Moab80).
- strategic and design research projects, development of 'concept designs' for materials as well as products both for italian and foreign companies
- interior design of stores, showrooms and fair exhibition
Since 2001 he is the Art Director di Cierre Accessories, Italian manufacturer of home accessories, table and kitchenware. In 1992 he creates 'Warli', a brand of contemporary handknotted carpets manufactured in India and Nepal according to traditional weavings, in wool and vegetable fibers. Many of his products have been selected for international design exhibitions or competitions. His writings and works have been published by the major design magazines and books like Modo, Abitare, Interni, Domus, L'Ambiente Cucina, Ufficio Stile, Il Bagno, Bagno e Accessori, Wallpaper, ID, Axis, Intramuros and many others. In 1986 he partecipated to the writing of the 'La Cintura di Orione' book, by Alessi-Longanesi.
International seminars and workshops in several Univerities at the National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad, India, 'Kent Institute of Art & Design' Rochester, England, 'National College of Arts & Design', Dublin, EIRE, Kuopio Academy of Design, Finland, ‘Istituto Europeo di Design’, Milan, Design Institute, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA Since 1995 he is the Tutor of 'Industrial Design' all' 'I.S.I.A.' Faenza.
2005 - Adi Design Index - Interiors_Ascot Ceramiche. Project of ceramic tiles selected for the 'Compasso d'Oro' prize for the best design products of 2004.
2007 – 'The shape of things to come' – Artex Firenze / ICE (Foreign Trade Office) Roma, Macef Fair Milan. Research project for new design products development in parnership with Italian local manufacturers for foreign markets.
2008 – Ecomondo, Rimini. 'Ecomade', exhibition of selected design products made by recycled materials.
- Torino World Design Capital. Geodesign, exhibition of design projects for the city of Turin.
- Galleria SanVitale41, Massalombarda (Ra). Exhibition of selected design products
2009 – 'The shape of things to come' – Artex Firenze / ICE (Foreign Trade Office) Roma, Macef Fair Milan. Research project for new design products development in parnership with Italian local manufacturers for foreign markets
- Provincia di Milano / Camera di Commercio di Milano e Monza.
2008 Prize for Creative and Innovative Brands for 'Warli'
- Macef Milano / September / Creazioni Designers
- The Sign | Made in Lombardy | 10-22 November | Centro Cultural Sao Paolo – Brasil
2010 - Macef Milano / January / Creazioni Designers