Ella is creative director of printed textiles brand ‘Milk Milk Lemonade’ where she creates surface design for fashion textiles, homewear, greetings-cards and ceramics. Ella graduated from Leeds College of Art and Design with a First Class Honours Degree in ‘Printed Textiles and Surface Pattern Design’ in 2009 and is available for commissions and collaborations as well as freelance or bespoke projects.
Topshop- Beta Fashion
Lilyhart (Melbourne, Australia)
The Fair Boutique (Vancouver, Canada)
Society6 (Online Store)
950 Drake Street
Telephone: +1 604 353 1483
2005-2009 1st Class Honors Degree from ‘Leeds College of Art and Design’, UK: BA Honours Printed Textiles and Surface Pattern Design.
2004- 2005 ‘Stockport College’ - Foundation Level Art and Design.
1997- 2004 ‘New Mills School and Sixth Form Centre’:
3 A Levels (Art, Theatre Studies and English Literature, grades A-C).
11 G.C.S.E’s at levels A*- B.
Summer 2009- present
Self Employed- Freelance Designer /Maker ‘Milk Milk Lemonade’, UK
(Please see www.ellakirk.co.uk).
• Composing briefs, following contracts and briefs assigned by clients in order to produce both bespoke and commercial designs.
• Initial visual research, drawing, photography and market/ trend research.
• Setting personal deadlines, following strict deadlines set by clients.
• Using computer-based technology (Adobe packages) in order to define and enhance illustrated designs.
• Finishing (sewing, constructing, printing etc.) items for sale.
• Using digital printing facilities and associated software, liaising with print manufacturers.
• Calculating income and outgoings.
• Merchandising product in boutiques and galleries.
• Liaising with shop managers, commercial employment managers and design teams.
• Promoting business through online media (website, social networking sites and online store).
Freelance and collaboration with design studios such as:
• ‘Lilyhart’ fashion label Melbourne, Australia.
• ‘Longina Phillips Design Studio’ in Sydney, Australia (home-wear, fashion fabrics and accessories).
• ‘Manchester City Art Gallery’ and ‘Manchester Gallery of Costume’.
• ‘Topshop’ UK.
June 2012- Present
Researcher at ‘Elliott Bauer’, Actuarial Recruitment Company, Vancouver, Canada.
• Use of Microsoft Office Packages, Outlook and social networking sites.
• Creating a global online database of actuarial candidates.
• Matching candidates with client’s requirements in order to fill roles retained by Elliott Bauer.
• Building relationships with candidates via email and telephone.
July 2011- May 2012
Visual Merchandising Manager at ‘American Eagle Outfitters’, Vancouver Canada.
• Implementing and maintaining store style and aesthetic (fixture placement, marketing graphics/ props and mannequins) whilst adhering to guidelines provided by ‘American Eagle Outfitters’ head office.
• Product placement, creating monthly floor-sets that cohere to ‘AEO’ standards, building walls and table sets accordingly.
• Substituting product / altering product placement to coincide with store demographic.
• Regular window dressing and mannequin outfitting.
• Running sales reports and carrying out inventory.
November 2010- April 2011
In Store Visual Merchandiser for ‘American Apparel’, Vancouver, Canada.
• Creating visually pleasing window and in-store displays for both Women’s and Men’s stores, choosing a weekly color palette that coincides with environment, new product and season.
• Styling mannequins and dress forms in apparel which best represents the brand and attracts the target consumer.
• Creating inventive and eye-catching accessory cluster displays throughout the store.
• Regularly re-merchandising the store’s interior to incorporate new products/ seasonal items.
• Product placement- making decisions on the location of product in a manner that encourages customer interaction and sales.
• General fixture and packaging maintenance.
• Running sales reports in order to identify effectiveness of product placement.
Achievement: A feature on the worldwide American Apparel online ‘Retail Visual Guide’
July 2010- November
2010 Housing Options Assistant, Stockton Borough Council, UK.
• Assisting homeless persons back in to council supported accommodation- completing application processes with clients and ensuring eligibility of clients through investigation with supporting services.
• I am a confident user of printing technology and am able to produce (digital, screen, mono, heat transfer etc) printed fabrics from the initial design to end product, including visualization and colour fixing.
• I have excellent knowledge of current fashion and print trends and the market..
• I am a fluent user of Microsoft Office packages including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
• I have advanced skills in Adobe Photoshop, knowledge of other CAD technologies and Adobe Illustrator.
• Mr. Marcus Chase, Manchester City Art Gallery, Mosely Street, Manchester (UK) Tel: 0161 235 8888. Email: email@example.com
• Miss Georgina Ralston, Marketing Manager at The Royal Academy of Arts (UK).Tel: 077961322530. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.