Canadian-born Maggie Kerr has been fine tuning her eye for beauty since high school, eventually working in the print, film, and television industries across the US and Canada. She was the spokesperson for Peruvian skincare and cosmetics line L’Bel Paris, was named Best Make-Up Artist by 7x7 magazine in San Francisco, and has worked with actress Lea Michele, and photographers Victor Skrebneski, Ben Watts, and Nigel Barker. Additionally, she was the beauty editor to StyleIndustry.com, has made an appearance on “The Mixx” (WB20), has been featured and quoted in publications AOL, and BeautyNewsLA.com, has written for magazines Lavish, and Sheridan Road, and has been a guest lecturer on make-up artistry at The Kingston School of Esthetics. Maggie also volunteers when the opportunity arises with Look Good Feel Better, an American Cancer Society program that helps patients cope with the physical appearance changes during and after chemotherapy.
7x7 Magazine, AOL, Apple iPod, Beyonce's principal dancers, Bon Ton, Boston Store, Carson Pirie Scott, CFDA-Vogue Fashion Fund, Charles Schwab, Chicago Magazine, Diane von Furstenberg, Del Monte, Diablo magazine, Direct Buy, E!/Style Network, Escada, Four Corners Media, Fuse TV, Gap.com, Health magazine, Hewlett Packard, Independant Adviser, JCPenny, Jockey, Levis, Logitech, Luca Luca, Kaiser Permanente, Kanye West's principle dancers, Kmart, Kohler, Kohls, Land's End, Lavish magazine, Lord & Taylor, L'Bel Paris, Lea Michele, Levi's, Macys, Mercury Milan, Mervyns, Modern Luxury's Chicago Social, More magazine, Moxie Pictures, Nike, Nordstrom, Oakland Museum of Art, Panlicker Productions, Payless Shoe Source, People Magazine, Pottery Barn Teen, Purple Lamb Productions, Roots Canada, Scion, Sears, Sheridan Road magazine, Shopko, Symantec, The Financial Times, Teen Vogue, The James Hotel, The Pampered Chef, TMobile, Today's Chicago Woman magazine, Traditional Home magazine, TwentyThirtyForty.net, Walgreens, Wal-Mart, and Well Point.
Bachelor of Fine Arts, The School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC), Chicago, IL Expected Graduation – May, 2012 Merit Scholarship Recipient, Emphasis of study in Fibers & Art History, Created the Humanitarian Club a volunteering oriented student group
Winter Study Trip, New York City: January 2012 • Attended gallery openings, museum exhibitions, visited artist’s studios and talked with various people within the business of art including gallerists, curators, and ArtForum magazine. Published a magazine of reviews & artist interviews, including full-page advertisements taken out by the galleries we visited.
Summer Study Trip, Switzerland: Art Basel 42 – June 2011 • Attended Art Basel, Liste, gallery & museum openings, visited artist’s studios, and talked with various people within the business of art including gallerists and curators throughout Basel, Bern, Geneva, Lausanne, and Zurich. Editor-in-Chief of reviews & artist interviews booklet.
City College San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 2004 - 2007 Martha & Vincent Costantino Endowment Scholarship Recipient, Honor Roll, Emphasis of study in Fine Arts
University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada 1996 - 1998 Emphasis in Psychology
Research Intern, Rosenthal Fine Art, Chicago, IL – 2011 to 2012
Compiled • • • • - • Compiled bibliography, images, and all other pertinent information regarding artist estates in acquisition. Currently researching ellesworth snyder. My research is being published & added to the Special Collections Dept of UW-Madison ISBN#. I have been working with Ainsley Nunez, another student, to help me design the layout.
· • • • • • • -- Helped Organize the Opening Exhibition for Cuban artist Rigoberto Mena, including writing a Press Release to contact media outlets, organizing the invite list, helping with the design of promotional materials, mailing promotional materials, and being a point-person of contact for the artist, and the website developer to update our site: http://www.rosenthalfineart.com
· - Artist Management: Includes gathering hi-res images, CVs, artist statements, and being a contact person for the gallery’s living artists
· - Prepped the Gallerist for Documenta 13 by ordering pertinent contemporary art theory & criticism literature
· - Introduced the Gallerist to a Web Designer to rebrand and Redesign the Gallery’s Website; Introduced the Gallerist to a new Professional Installer for Future Exhibitions
· - Compiled a Visitor Guide of Openings, Museums, and Spaces of Interest for Out-of-Town Clients
Freelance Makeup Artist, San Francisco, CA; Chicago, IL – 2000 to Present • Represented by Ford Models in San Francisco, and Chicago - 2007 to Present. Emphasis in advertising, catalog, celebrity, commercials, editorial, lifestyle, runway, television, and music videos • Spokesperson, L’Bel USA – 2008 • Represented by Artist Untied in San Francisco – 2004 to 2007 Emphasis in advertising, commercials, editorial, lifestyle, runway, and television • Assistant Makeup Artist with Koko Represents in San Francisco – 2002 to 2004
Volunteer, American Cancer Society Look Good Feel Better, USA and Canada – 2000 to Present • Organized and executed the Milwaukee, WI chapter’s annual fundraising fashion show, Strut For The Cure March 2010. Additionally, gathered additional sponsorships, including silent and live auction items, which helped raise $1500 over target goal. • Conduct patient information sessions at various hospitals
• Group Exhibition: "BFA Spring Exhibition 2012", Sullivan Galleries, Chicago, IL - Mar 2012 • University of Illinois Children’s Hospital, Chicago, IL – 2012. Group Mural Project: was chosen to create a mural installation for a room on the 5th floor with 10 others • Group Exhibition: “Sexified Part Deux” curated by Joy Higgins, Pearl, Rockford, IL – Aug, 2011 • Group Exhibition: “Sexy” curated by Larry Lee, Gene Siskel Film Centre, Chicago, IL – April, 2011, • Group exhibition project: “Meeting In The Margins” curated by Marianne Fairbanks, Mess Hall, Chicago, IL – December, 2010
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom, and Photoshop • Languages: conversational and written French • Have traveled to Barcelona, Geneva, Ho Chi Minh, London, Manila, Milan, Munich, Paris, Tel Aviv, Tokyo, Venice, Zurich • Materials: wood, steel, bronze, aluminum, clay