Book author... Illustrator... Game designer... Art teacher... Southern rockabilly punk... If you believe the whole zodiac thing, I'm also a Sagittarius born in the year of the Dragon. You can go to MDDuggan.com for more portfolio pics. I mostly work in pen-and-ink, Photoshop, Illustrator, Painter, and Flash. I am partial to projects involving cartoony monsters and other things that go bump in the night.
I currently live in the Ozark Mountains of Arkansas with my wife and stepkids.
You can see more of my artwork on DeviantArt, where I go by the pseudonym Trailer Park Zombie. Also, you can purchase my work on T-shirts and more merch online in my Zazzle Shop.
Results-oriented Flash, web, and game artist with particular expertise in Adobe, Autodesk, and Epic software seeks a 2D game artist (concept art and illustration) career. Over six years' experience developing software and managing projects in challenging, fast-paced environments. Demonstrated ability to acquire technical knowledge and skills rapidly. Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written. Published game author, illustrator, indie developer, and conference speaker.
Written/oral communications, English-speaking, positive and innovative outlook, exceptional 2D concept art skills, 2D and Flash animation skills, photo manipulation skills, empathic understanding of others, service industry and educational skills, focused on getting work done with an emphasis on quality and efficiency.
* Adobe Creative Suite (including Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Flash, InDesign, and After Effects) * Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Publisher) * Autodesk 3D software (including 3ds Max and Maya) * Torque software (Torque 3D and Torque 2D) * Aviary software (Myna, Roc, Phoenix, and Raven) * Epic software (Unreal Engine 3 and Unreal Development Kit) * 3D GameStudio * Wintermute Engine * Game Maker * RPG Maker XP and VX
Applications Developer | Art Instructor at North Arkansas College Education Management, >200 employees
August 2005 - present
* Developed web applications and forms to connect to mainframe database for college. * Started core curriculum for graphic, web, and game design courses. * Started the two-year I.T. degree with an emphasis in game development. * Taught classes in Adobe, Autodesk, and Epic package software. * Designed the college website, www.northark.edu
* Wrote several computer art and game design books that were also illustrated (by me). * Performed technical edits on other writing, as requested.
Flash/Web Developer at DugganArts LLC Design
November 2007 - December 2008
* Designed websites for local area businesses and clients. * Created Flash games, web forms, and other interactive Internet applications for various clients on a per-contract basis through Guru.com and Elance.com.
The following includes books written and published:
* <em>The Official Guide to 3D GameStudio</em>. Course Technology PTR, 2007. Print. * <em>Torque for Teens</em>. Course Technology PTR, 2007. Print. * <em>Web Comics for Teens</em>. Course Technology PTR, 2007. Print. * <em>2D Game Building for Teens</em>. Course Technology PTR, 2008. Print. * <em>Wii Game Creation for Teens</em>. Course Technology PTR, 2010. Print. * <em>Torque for Teens, 2nd ed</em> . Course Technology PTR, 2010. Print. * <em> PSP Game Creation for Teens</em>. Course Technology PTR, 2010. Print.