1997 Syracuse University - Syracuse, NY. Degree: B.I.D (5 year degree in Industrial Design) Minor in General Management 1995 Art Center College of Design - Pasadena, CA : Intermediate industrial design course completed 2004 Institute of Culinary Education - New York, NY : Various cooking classes completed 2012 Allen Berg Racing School : Introduction to Formula Car Driving completed 2012 - 2013 Art Center College of Design : Completed 2 Furniture design workshops
PRESS & AWARDS
Work featured on New York Times ( Feb. 6 2003) Voted 'Best Software of the Month' by MyZaurus.com / Linux Magazine (Jan. 3 2003) Work featured on WIRED Magazine ( Oct. 2002)
• Studio OneZeroOne - Los Angeles, CA (2015- Current) Founded and operating a small scale furniture store (self designed and branded)
• Mentela Corporation - Yorba Linda, CA (2011 - Current www.Mentela.com) Founded and operating an investment company specializing in restaurants
• JungHa Inc. - Seoul, Korea (2008 - 2010) Co-founded Commercial interior construction and design firm
• Cupcake - San Diego, CA (2004 - 2008) Founded a manufacturer and distributor of organic baby clothing company.
• Sharp Electronics Corp. - Mahwah, NJ (03/2001 - 05/2004) Interface designer Design Development Create user scenarios and new product application ideas based upon emerging technology, industry, and user trends. Developed creative advertorial and informational contents. Developed and conducted usability testing strategies to improve upon existing product or to validate a new hardware / software UI design. Create hardware / software interaction prototypes for product development, concept usability test, and presentation needs.
User and Market Research Review, track, and analyze UI design, user demographics, and market related trends in the areas of wireless data communications, home networking, and internet for development of new business and product opportunities. Analyze and track consumer needs for adaptation into new business opportunities, technical requirements and new product specifications.
Department / Project Management Organize and prioritize design development workload. Assist in creating short and long term business development objectives and goals. Lead, direct, or assist design collaboration, manage and communicate with engineers, outside firms, and vendors in activities related to department.
• Click2Asia, Ltd. - Los Angeles, CA (1999 - 03/2001) Design Manager Planned, managed and organized multiple projects for Development Team. Conducted research, conceptualization, and production of web graphics, web pages, user interface, vector animations and online media kits. Developed and managed numerous online projects with proven successful results. Conducted in-depth research and wrote a comprehensive corporate web design guide.
• Independent contract designer (1998) Web / Graphic designer Worked directly with clients and users to meet their specific needs of branding and corporate identity. Clients include Sunnygraphics in San Jose, NTT in Sunnyvale, CA and AsianaTelecom in Los Angeles.
• Innodesign - Palo Alto, CA (1997-1998) Product Designer Responsible for entire design process including research, conceptualization, model making and engineering process. Successfully manufactured projects includes Neopoint - Sprint PCS smartphone (first commercial smart phone in US market) and Daewoo PC.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Skilled in wood-working and steel welding (MIG and TIG) Eight plus years in virtually all aspects of design (interaction design, mobile phone user interface, PDA and web content, product design, engineering process, graphic design, GUI, web design and constraints involved in designing for online media and wireless / handheld devices.) with managerial and user centric problem solving skills.
Product Design Excellent sketch, conceptualization, and rendering skills. Experience in Ashlar Vellum, Strong 3D CAD CAM skill using Unigraphics,(similar to ProE) familiar with Alias Maya and Studio. Experience in precise and effective model making skill with variety of materials such as wood, metal, foam, clay, fiberglass, plastics, fabrics and leather.