I have over 11 years of experience across various business entities including publicly traded, ad agency, for-profit and non-profit. My years as a creative director, web consultant, web and mobile applications design architect have given me a unique and well rounded view of present day communication technology trends and solutions. With this skill set I am able to confidently and efficiently lead teams of developers and designers together working toward a common goal that has the end-user in focus.
With this experience also comes an ability to think of new ways to solve ordinary problems using all communication mediums that exist today, while maintaining a keen focus on simplicity, design and usability.
I am a conceptual and visionary thinker who enjoys thinking outside of the box. I am motivated and possess a strong work ethic. I enjoy leading projects and multi-faceted teams from the concept phase to the final launch of a project that meets and exceeds expectations.
Key Descriptive Words: Visionary, Strategic, Designer, Conceptual, Architect, Brand Builder, Creative Director, Team Builder, Communicator, Plan, Execute, Encourage, Fun, IT Liaison, Simplifying the Complex, Motivated, Wellrounded, Eager to Learn.
Strength Finder Themes:Connectedness, Context, Strategic, Responsibility, and Restorative. Read definitions
| Professional Experience
Founder and CEO – Renner Web Consulting & 32 Leap Mobile Apps, Louisville KY 2001 – Current
• Overview: For several years I have been consulting, creating and developing nationally recognized websites and other visual communication solutions for various high and low level clients. In the past year the focus has shifted more toward mobile app communication and technology. Running my own business even in the midst of working for others has proved to be a positive experience both personally and professionally. The outside experience provides opportunities to learn new trending technology and hone my existing skills which in turn translates into positive results even within my professional job positions.
• Key Responsibilities and Successes: - Engineered, designed and developed dozens of websites, intranets, extranets, UI prototypes and other marketing communication solutions for various businesses from Fortune 500 clients to large and small for profit and non profit businesses.
- Lead multiple cross-functional teams on several projects bringing all areas of expertise to the table and helping manage and execute plans developing successful solutions.
- Conceptualized and led multi-faceted teams to design and develop to date two Mobile iPhone and iPad applications approved and currently live on the apple itunes app store.
- Of the three apps so far, two have been successfully featured by Apple and downloaded in over 30 countries. Developed a keen understanding of Mobile technology processes and standards as well as successful tactics for launching, marketing and positioning successful mobile applications.
- Forged multiple high level partnerships with large multi-million dollar corporations in efforts to promote and market existing and new trending mobile applications and new application strategies.
- Partnerships forged to date include KY State Fair, Jeff Gordon Inc., KORG Inc. and Blackstar Amplification Ltd.
- Overseeing the every day execution of a web consulting and mobile applications business. Developing relationships with strategic partners envisioning, communicating and managing app ideas from concept to app store launch.
• Additional - Multimedia and CD-ROM presentations - Intranet and extranet UI design - Internet banner advertisements - Corporate brand identity packages - Brochures and corporate mailer promotions
• High Profile Clients:
DIMON Incorporated (world's second largest independent leaf tobacco merchant, with fiscal year 2003 revenues totaling $1.3 billion)
• Conceptualized and designed both corporate Intranet and Extranet UI environments. Examples of the Intranet and Extranet work for DIMON may be viewed upon request per DIMON nondisclosure agreement • Designed static web site for Expanded Solutions, a division of DIMON Inc. • Work examples available upon request.
Word Label Group/Warner Brothers Records • Developed and designed a custom flash website for a former Warner Music Label artist. • Designed animated banner ad’s for various Warner Brothers artists.
Senior Web Architect / Manager – Southeast Christian Church, Louisville KY 2007 – 2012
• Overview: Southeast is a multi-site mega church of over 25,000 members with 3 locations. I oversee all web communication and design projects and am responsible for both developing and supporting multiple church web sites and various web initiatives. I was brought on board in 2007 to engineer and oversee a primary initiative to create a new website with key objectives for consistent and understandable information architecture, automation, staff supportability, video API and multiple third part vendor data feeds built within and connected to a complex church member, budget, staff and volunteer management solution. We launched the first of the three sites in August of 2010, the second site in January of 2011.
• Key Responsibilities and Successes: Managed teams of both in house and third party front end coders and back-end developers.
- Liaison between IT, developers, designers, and church staff. - Conceptualized, sold, prototyped, designed and executed a multi-faceted three year web restructure and re-build project with a budget of over $100k. Since launch we have seen an increase in web traffic of up to 60%.
- Oversaw the integration of the the new website into a complex ASP.NET church management solution.
-Vendor selection and integration of third party API web solutions to feed various multimedia areas of the new site.
- Developed and integrated a consistent CSS based style guide to promote consistency and brand awareness within all areas of the new website.
- Managed and worked together with a front-end developer to code over 1000 lines of CSS code for the new website.
- Conceptualized and led a team to develop a mobile app that pulls XML data from existing church website feeds increasing even more automation of data and communication efforts.
- Integrated online solutions to help standardize and bring processes to promote productivity within the communications team.
Account Manager of Emerging Technology – NewWest Ad Agency, Louisville, KY 2007
• Overview: Manager of all Interactive and web accounts and account components. Responsible for evaluating client’s web presence to suggest new way’s web and information technology could improve business and marketing strategies.
• Responsibilities: - Web Advertising and Marketing Strategy - Project Management - Web Conceptualization and Design
• High Profile Accounts: - GE Digital Camera Division - Kentucky Tourism
Creative Director – MedAvant Healthcare Solutions, Jeffersonville, IN / Atlanta, GA 2004 – 2007
• Overview: Creative Director and part of a corporate marketing team for a former, publicly traded healthcare technology business. As Creative Director I oversaw all creative aspects of brand awareness and design, corporate print collateral, web communications and interactive multimedia communication solutions.
• Responsibilities: - Oversaw design and production aspects of all corporate print and marketing collateral: corporate slicks, online/offline documentation, annual reports, trade show designs, direct mail and web marketing campaigns, etc.
- Trade show booth design and multimedia presentations
- Interactive multimedia product demonstrations, company surveys, product CD-ROM presentations
- Corporate intranet design
- Corporate website design and development
• Accomplishments: - Lead a design initiative to re-branded the company with the new name MedAvant. My brand concept and direction was chosen over a list of ideas and identities offered by a contracted branding firm in San Francisco.
- In addition I also successfully branded a subsidiary of the company and created other additional brand identities.
- Design of the new MedAvant corporate identity
- Completed re-design of all print collateral, corporate websites, and all other marketing and corporate collateral with the new brand identity and style guide.
- Implemented a website Content Management Solution into the new website.
- Redefined and re-focused objectives and processes for creating and implementing multimedia tutorials for our products and solutions.
- Designed corporate communication newsletters through Constant Contact email marketing client.
- Implemented a sales online ordering site for all print collateral utilizing a third party web tool.
Layout/Ad Design/Web Design – The Southeast Outlook Newspaper, Louisville KY 2003 – 2004
• Responsible for layout and design for a weekly publication; The Southeast Outlook. • Conceptual design and development of the Southeast Outlook Website.
Senior Web Designer/Developer - NetWave Internet, Lynchburg VA 2000 – 2001
• Responsible for consulting with clients in the development of their websites.
• Responsible for concept and design of all web graphics and user interface. This also includes integration and often creation of many interactive elements such as FLASH, ASP, and Java.
• Responsible for set up and administration of each web site on the corporate web server. This includes domain name registration, DNS configuration and set up, as well as the set up and administration of all web site e-mail accounts.
2002 Louisville Graphic Design 100 Award Show axiainteractive.com received the Silver Interactive Design Award
| Areas of Experience and Expertise • Creative Direction: Managing all creative aspects of a business.
• Project Management: Working with a team to see a project through from concept to launch.
• Web Site Development: Architecture, Conceptualizing, Wireframes, Prototypes, Usability Standards
• Information Architecture: Information consistency and flow, information and data driven design and layout
• Multimedia Design/Development: Flash Web Sites, Flash Demonstrations, Flash Banners, Audio Recording and Production, Flash Video Integration.
• Marketing Strategy: Target audience strategy and how to leverage the web and print to reach an audience.
• Social Media: Understanding of the latest end user trends and how to leverage social platforms to create viral campaigns and brand reach.
• Graphic Design: Electronic Imaging, Logo and Corporate Identity Design, Brochure Design, etc.
| Excellent Knowledge of Applications Adobe CS5 Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design, Dreamweaver, Flash, Articulate Presenter, Microsoft Office, Apple iWork, Garageband, Coda.
Platforms: Excellent working knowledge of the latest Apple Macintosh and PC Operating Systems. Currently a very satisfied Mac user.
| Work Examples Online Portfolio available at www.jonrenner.com More work examples available upon request
| Education Liberty University – Lynchburg VA 1996 – 2000
Bachelor of Science Degree in Communications Media Graphics – 3.26 GPA
Dan Miller Senior Consultant with The Miller Consulting Group (Former Vice President Georgetown College, Former Vice President and Executive Director of the WHAS Crusade for Children and Program Director at WHAS-TV) (859) 327-1830 firstname.lastname@example.org www.dmillergroup.com