Claudio Beier was born and raised in Brazil. After receiving a business degree and working in marketing and advertising, he moved to the US where he now pursues a more creative career. Since the conclusion of Hallmark Institute of Photography’s intense program, where he graduated with the highest accolades, he moved to Miami where he now shoots commercial and editorial assignments specializing in fashion, portrait and active lifestyle. Claudio’s extreme attention to detail, ability to orchestrate large sets, technical savvy to produce the most exquisite lighting schemes, and a contagious sense of humor are just some of the assets he uses to consistently go above and beyond his clients’ expectations.
- Born and raised in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Porto Alegre is the capital of the southernmost state in Brazil, close to Uruguay and Argentina. Where they actually have four seasons.
- Started sailing competitively at age 11 and continued through his late twenties. Participated in sailboat competitions and deliveries (sailboat delivery: sailing from point A to B, usually for several hundred miles over the course of days) in South America, North America and Europe.
- Was an Exchange student while in High School in Boise, Idaho, where he learned snowboarding and rock climbing. Reached the state championship finals in snowboard slalom in his first season in a snow sport.
- Earned a Bachelors of Science in Business Administration and worked in Marketing and Advertising in Brazil, before moving to the US in 2001 and going back to school for photography.
YOU WOULD BE SURPRISED
- Is an avid and skilled handyman, loves all things mechanical, electronic and technology in general. A student/admirer of smart/functional clean design.
- Backpacked for 10 months alone in the US and Europe staying mostly in youth hostels and campgrounds. Backpack weighted 36 pounds with tent, sleeping bag and clothes for 4 seasons.
- Once helped organize and participated in a one-month Land Rover expedition in Patagonia, driving 8000 miles in 30 days.
- Attended a one-year obligatory military school of officers in Brazil, graduating as a second lieutenant.
- Kite surfing, scuba diving, road cycling and running fills his spare time. Loves any water sport. Not a big fan of living landlocked.
- Likes sharing with people new photographic experiments, assignments and interesting tech, trend and photo articles on his blog. http://blog.claudiobeier.com/