An experienced designer based in the Greater Toronto Area, specializing in: logo design, graphic design, website design and development to help reshape, redefine, and revive your designs.
Over the past decade, I've collaborated with design studios, marketing agencies, printing and packaging companies all of which gave me the opportunity to blend my passion for art, animation and technology into fabricating designs with an aesthetic feel, that are eye–catching and dramatic.
RCMP - Integrated National Security Enforcement Team Fleming College Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) Environmental Visual Communication (EVC) IBM Canada Toronto Zoo NEO - Neil Ever Osborne Photography Frame of Mind HC Behavioural Consulting Faces of Chelonia Blym Design Conservation By Youth Triskell Photography GiG Productions Kiss of Light PM and Company The Presswood Team
Dedicated graphic designer and pre-press operator seeking to obtain full-time employment in a focused, creative environment.
With 10 years of diverse hands-on experience, I have been involved in a range of projects through all stages, from idea conception to final output. My expertise lies in graphic design, project management, client communications, and pre-press workflow. I am adaptable, organized, and detail-oriented, with a curiosity for new technology and evolving trends.
Platforms: Mac and Windows
Primary Applications: Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, QuarkXPress and Corel Draw
Internet Programming and Scripting Web Design Flash Animation XHTML/HTML, XML, and CSS Logo design Actionscript 2.0/3.0 RIP OperatorPromotional Brochures Colour theory and typography Photography retouching Posters Annual Reports Corporate branding Grids and layout design
Biederman Graphics, Campbellville, ON, March 2010 – Present Graphics Manager
- Graphic design - Pre-press workflow including file management and output production - Client communications - Create client approval proofs using Epson Stylus 4880 - Manage plate production - Oversee final product quality - Develop and manage web site - Use AGFA Digital Printer to produce film
Borne Graphics, Dundas, ON, August 2009 – Present Freelance Designer
- Website development - Create corporate identity packages - Web tracking analysis - Design trade show booth displays and banners
Putting Edge Entertainment Corporation, Oakville, ON, October 2003 – January 2010 Senior Graphic Designer and Marketing Assistant
- Develop and manage website - Development and implementation of online social media content (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube) - Market analysis - Execution of all creative work traffic media partners: print and online - Motion graphics creation using Adobe After Effects and Adobe Flash - File sharing using FTP software (Fetch, FireFTP, FileZilla).
Insite Design, Burlington, ON, August 2002 – September 2003 Intermediate Graphic Designer
- Large format poster design & creation - Layout and proof production using QuarkXPress - Pre-press workflow including file management and output production
B.B.C Printing and Graphics Ltd., Burlington, ON, September 1999 – May 2002 Senior Graphic Designer
- Label creation - Corporate identity packages - Annual reports - Client engagement to ensure product quality - Quotes and invoicing - Negative and positive film production using AGFA digital printer - Pre-press workflow including plate production
Graphic Design Production – Digital Media Diploma, June 2001 Mohawk College, Brantford, ON
- Program emphasis: • techniques for design, print and web production • skills associated with offset, screen and flexo printing • emerging industry software applications